There’s nothing more classic than a summer vacay – but nowadays, it’s important to make sure you feel safe, clean, and prepared for anything that might happen. That’s why we’re here! We wanted to make a quick packing list for those summer weekend escapes, longer destination vacations, or even local day trips and staycations! We’re as excited as everyone else to have a fun summer, so let’s dive in.
The Essentials for Any Destination
No matter where in the world you’re going or how long you’ll be there, these are the must-haves you shouldn’t forget. Of course, bring your standard toiletries, medications, clothes, and a reduced version of your wallet (your main bank card or two, ID, and some cash). These are simply the things you might not think to bring, especially if you’re packing last minute:
- Disinfecting wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- An empty water bottle (that you’re not afraid of losing)
- Lip balm
- A camera & its battery charger or extra film
The Most Comfortable Sandals (Made for Walking)
Now, let’s talk about good travel shoes – they can make or break your trip. We know that packing shoes can be a total pain since they take up a lot of space and you don’t know for a fact that you’ll use any extra pairs you bring. That’s why SAS sandals are must-haves – they’re built for comfort, so those long days on your feet won’t leave you begging for breaks. They’re cute, so they can work for nice venues, like dinners or museums, just as well as commuting or a day at the beach. Finally, they’re high quality, so they’ll withstand the journey.
Sandals aren’t really your thing? No problem. SASNola also carries comfortable walking shoes, everyday styles, and loafers, all perfect additions to your wardrobe or replacements for your old kicks.
The Things to Do in Your Downtime
You’re bound to have some downtime on your vacation, whether it be in the early mornings when you’re woken by the bright sun or late in the evenings when everything is closed. Vacations are kind of the perfect time to put down the phones to do things together, so here are some easy go-tos you can bring:
- A deck of cards
- Card games (UNO, Monopoly Deal, etc.)
- A portable board game (yes, they’re all technically portable, but we mean something you can easily pack)
- Books or magazines
We think it’s best to leave the movies and video games behind because many hotels don’t have automatic accommodations for them, and short-term rental owners may not want you fiddling with their tech to temporarily use your own. Plus, sometimes these owners provide some in-house entertainment! You may not have your choice of the newest movies or consoles, but sometimes they’ll have a selection, and at the very least, there will probably be a TV.
The Quick Clothing Checklist
You’ll have a better idea of what you need to bring when you have some activities in mind, but here is the bare minimum (that you’re probably familiar with):
- Enough underwear (come on, you won’t be doing laundry while you’re there, so think ahead)
- Two swimsuits (or more – they’re easy to pack)
- One nicer outfit (in case you go to a nice dinner or tourist spot)
- A lightweight jacket – we recommend a windbreaker or raincoat in case the weather doesn’t cooperate
- The right amount of socks for the days you’ll be away (but you won’t need socks if you have a good pair of SAS sandals...)
- An outfit or two that you don’t mind sweating in or getting dirty (in case you do some outdoor adventuring!)
- A comfortable outfit (because it’s hard to feel completely comfortable away from home, so packing what you know and love is always the way to go)
Safe Summer Vacations Are Better with SAS Sandals
Things are a little different this year in terms of travel, vacations, outings, and everything, really! Face masks, vaccination cards, hand sanitizer, and disinfecting wipes are now must-brings. Just because things are a little different doesn’t mean you can’t still have a fun summer vacation wherever your heart desires!
We believe the best way to travel is safely, comfortably, and in style – all things that come with SAS sandals. Your feet will be protected, they won’t feel strained, and they’ll look good while on the go wherever you decide to explore.
Here at SASNola, you can pick up a pair of the best men's summer sandals or most comfortable sandals for women before your summer excursion.